8 week timeline
The Ontario Trails Council website keeps an up-to-date list of all the walking, hiking & riding trails in Ontario.
When their proprietary Cold-Fusion CMS vendor announced that they were closing shop, they only had 2 months to transition a database that included over 2,200 trails to a new home.
How we helped
We completed the job in less than 2 months – just in the nick of time before their previous vendor closed shop.
New CMS and a fresh look
We rapidly developed a custom CMS that offered far greater flexibility to manage their content than before and implemented a brand new design.
- Database of over 2,200 outdoor trails spread across 24 activities and 15 sub-regions.
- Ability to link trails together to promote regional networks.
- Extensive searching & filtering options to help users find a trail that matched their capabilities.
- Advertising platform integration + allowed for ad placement to be controlled from within the CMS.
- Password protected membership portal.
- Trail submission form for tracking new trails.
- User generated trail ratings, comments, and photo submissions.
- Weather forecasts and nearby amenities and an advanced search functionality.
- Development of an extensive API for integration with a 3rd party mobile app.
- The completed site has been operating with minimal maintenance for going on 8+ years.
Simplicate expertly customized a content management system to perfectly fit our needs.
We’d had other “tailored solutions” before, but their deft application in response to our needs has made our web CMS nimble, easy to manage, and allows us to accomplish more per unit of time. Simplicate is Smart‑fficient!
We’ve built our reputation helping clients launch websites of all shapes and sizes. We'd love to get started with you!