Canadian National Brand Site + Contest
Completed February 2020
Icon Digital (Partner)
Appleton Estate is Jamaica’s oldest estate and distillery in continuous production.
Following a global re-brand, the Canadian division wanted to get a jump on promoting the new look with a country wide contest microsite.
What we did
What started off as quite a simple contest microsite grew somewhat from the initial brief.
As development began the client liked what we were creating and the brief widened to become a fully standalone site for the Canadian market.
We had to quickly and effectively change direction while keeping to a very strict timeline to ensure a rapid turnaround.
- Overall design concepts based on brand brief.
- Responsive design for desktop, tablet, and mobile.
- All page animations and transitions.
- Development of a custom contest management tool, allowing Appleton to run multiple contests in different provinces at the same time, each with different rules, prizing, and messaging.
- A microsite for brand ambassadors to use at live events to collect in‑person contest entries with instant‑win chances.
- Content development for the brand story, products description pages and cocktail recipe pages.
- Making all content available in both English and French and managed through a single CMS interface.
- Entirely AODA + WCAG2.1 A/AA compliant.
Simplicate is one of the best development
shops I've ever worked with
And it’s for one simple reason — they’ll never sacrifice design for ease of their own workload. If Steve doesn’t already know how to make something beautiful and engaging work, he’ll often have a solution in a miraculous turn around time. The kicker is he often makes it work better than originally concepted. He runs a development business with design at its heart.
We’ve built our reputation helping clients launch websites of all shapes and sizes. We'd love to get started with you!